Monday, February 9, 2015

Top 10 under £10 - Winter Edition

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update.... my blog address has changed! It happened really quickly but I know that my main traffic has completely disappeared :( but I will in the next few weeks get a new banner and a layout for my blog so I am super excited. 

Anyway I am very excited about a new 'series' here on my blog. Every season/few months, I am going to post my top 10 products under £10. These are some of my favourite and even though these are winter edition you can definitely find this post helpful all year around.


I decided to do a full face look with all the products, I love everything about this look. It is a bit heavy with the dark lips but you can always go for a nude shade instead. 
I really love how defined the cheeks are even without contour, the Sleek blush is so nice.



Here are all the products that I used:


Face:

For my base I used the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream (£9.99). I love this for my base. It is a CC cream so it has some color correction in it but it is also moisturising and that is good for me because my skin gets a bit dry in the winter. It is also great because it gives a medium coverage, you can build it up from light to medium. I know CC and BB creams are more popular in the summer but I really love using this CC cream all year around. It leaves a satin finish to the skin and the lightest shade is perfect for me.

Flawless base is something very popular in the winter time so to cover up my dark circles and lovely blemishes I like the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.49) It gives full coverage and lasts all day. I make sure to use a good eye cream before using the concealer under my eyes to help it blend. The formula is very thick but it is so good.

One blush that I discovered this winter is the Sleek blush (£4.99) in the shade Suede. It is a very natural shade that is perfect to wear when you are wearing a heavy lip. The blush looks a bit dull in the pan but it looks very nice on the skin, it adds so much definition to my cheeks. All the Sleek blushers are super pigmented and easy to blend.

To add a natural glow I use the I heart makeup Goddess of Love Triple Baked Highlighter (£4.99) I do mention this highlighter in my affordable highlighters that will be up soon. (In the next few days) This one is lovely because it gives more glow than sparkle. It has duo chrome sheen to it. I really like this product and I think I want to try the blushers from the same line.



Eyes:

For eyes I used the KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 505 (£6.90) The KIKO shadow sticks are one of my favourite eyeshadow stick formulas. The formula is so blendable but waterproof at the same time. I am currently obsessed with eyeshadow sticks and the Kiko sticks are really good. The shade that I used today all over the lid is so nice and most of the time I wear it all on its own or smudge on the lower lash line. Another affordable eyeshadow sticks are the Barbara Daily which I talked about before (link here) but I'm not sure they are available anymore.

Like I said, I love wearing the KIKO eyeshadow stick all over the eyelid but today I used the L'Oréal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Eyeshadow in Lumiere 502 (£5.49) to darken up the outer corner and to add a little bit of depth to the look. 
It is a beautiful shade that can be build up to a very dark shade. The formula for these shadows are so buttery and blendable. I will post soon swatches of all the shadows that I own from this range. I was so surprised when I tried this shadow, it is amazing quality for a drugstore product.

I love a good felt tip liner and the Makeup Revolution Awesome Double Flick Eyeliner (£3.50) is just awesome. It is super easy to use because it offers two different size of felt tips on each end. One end is very skinny so its great for a natural thin line or just the inner corner and the other end is a bit thicker so great to get the feline flick. The formula is smudge proof on me but not waterproof. 

On my eyebrows I have the L'Oreal Paris Brow Artiste eyebrow Pencil (£5.49) It looks like most drugstore brands are bringing out new brow products at the moment. This pencil is great it has wax on one end and then the brow pencil itself on the other one. I find it very easy and quick to use it and the shade is a good match.



Lips: 

On my lips I went with a quite new lip product and that is the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil (£4.99) In the shade 310 Berry Much. This lip pencil is so good. The Berry Much shade is very unique to the drugstore. The formula is nice, very long lasting but do not dry out my lips.

Another lip option that I am obsessed with is actually a shade dupe for MAC Ruby Woo but not the same formula just the shade. It is the L'Oréal Color Riche Collection Exclusive Pure Reds in the shade Blake's Red (£6.99). This range from L'Oréal is a great. There is a red for everyone but I honestly love this shade of Blake's red. It is so classic and the formula is very creamy but lasts for ages on the lips. 

Here are some swatches of the products that I have mentioned: 


The mascara I used I think is the Maybelline the rocket mascara which s under £10 as well and I love it.

What are your favourite products under a £10? Is there anything that I should try out?

Thank you so much for reading :D

Margrét 

Instagram @margretscorner
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...