Saturday, April 4, 2015

FOTD ft. MAC Sable and Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg

Hey Everyone

I used to be obsessed with MAC eyeshadow in Sable. It was one of the first shadows I bought from MAC and couple of years ago I accidentally smashed it. I ended up buying it again in a single pot and I still think it is one of the most effortless eye shadows I have ever used.
I have a love/hate relationship of MAC eye shadows. You can check out a post about my MAC quad here and in that post I said I love MAC shadows but they are expensive and now you can get amazing quality for less money (for example Makeup Geek). 

I stopped collecting shadows in a big 15 pan palette. Got rid of the shadows that I broke or was never going to use and made a perfect quad. Now I still buy MAC shadows but in a single pot. (Stay tune for updated post on my MAC shadows) I am not a makeup artist so maybe if I could buy MAC with the makeup artist discount, I might buy more of the shadows.

Anyway I ended up buying the Sable eyeshadow again and I love using it all over the lid and also on my lower lash line.


Here is my FOTD and it is all about MAC Sable and Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg.


For my base I used the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer and the Chanel Perfection Lumére Velvet Foundation. I can't get enough of this primer and the Chanel foundation is one of my favorite high end foundations. I covered up my dark circles with the Nars Raidiance Creamy concealer and I powdered everything in place with the Nars Light Reflection pressed powder. 

I used the Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer to lightly contour and to warm up my skin. The blush is Nars Dolce Vita. I love this blush, it is described as a matte dusty rose but I feel like it has a lot of berry in it. It is kinda dark and since I'm so pale, I need to apply it with a light hand but it looks so lovely. 

I used the Urban Decay Naked Basic 2 palette to blend out Sable and to highlight my brow bone. For my inner corner highlight I use MAC vanilla pigment. 
I just apply the Sable eyeshadow all over the lid with a flat eyeshadow brush and then blend it out with a fluffy eyeshadow brush like MAC 224.

Sable is a cool bronze with a frost finish and warm red undertones. The texture is soft and smooth. The shadow is very pigmented and blends out so easily. 

I used my YSL mascara that has almost dried out and I am going to wait to repurchase it until I finish few other mascaras that I have lying around unopened, I will defnitly repurchase it though!

On my lips I have Nars Satin Lipstick Luxembourg and it is getting so obvious how addicted to Nars I am! The Satin Lip pencils are a must have and this shade in Luxembourg is a red with a lot of pink in it. It goes on so smoothly and lasts for few hours. 


From left to right
MAC Sable - Nars Dolce Vita - Nars Luxembourg
(I know that the blush is heavily swatched but I use it with a light hand and a soft brush. It looks lovely on the skin)


These are the two products that I used for my brows, I am actually rotating few products for my brows for the last few months so I should do a little post about the brow products that I am loving at the moment. 
I used the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil to fill in my brows and then the L'Oréal Brow Artist to add a little volume and to set my brows. 





I love how Sable looks on my eyes and it is such an easy eyeshadow to work with, you can actually build up the color and the shadow adds so much dimension on its own.

I'm off tomorrow and I will be taking few pictures for my blog to keep up with a steady content here on the blog. 
I'm actually missing Iceland a lot this weekend while it's Easter. It is just so different here in London, there are so many cultures and religions here that everything is just like normal. The Easter eggs in Iceland are so delicious and it just feels all different!
I am going to go for a visit soon so I can't wait to book a little trip.

Thanks for reading!

Margrét

Instagram @margretscorner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...