Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Obsession #6 - Foundation Days

Over the next few days/weeks here on My Little Corner I will be posting everything about foundations! So from how I choose a foundation, skin types, skin tones and ton of foundation reviews. This will be known as Foundation Days (yayy!!).




So please let me know if you have any questions about foundation and what foundation do you use, what is your skin type and any thing that pops in to mind. You can put your question in the comments below or ask on tumblr here.


Tomorrow I will be posting about how to find your right foundation color and then the next review with photos is on the Maybelline Fit Me foundation - You can 'like' My Little Corner on Facebook to get update when I post these. 

Before we start these Foundation Days we all need to know what kind of skin type we are. I am not a doctor, a Make up Artist or a Skin professor, but I do know a thing or two about beauty. 

I help women all the time to find potions and lotions for their skin and the first question I always ask is how is your skin, or what is your skin type. 

There are 5 main skin types and I am not going too much into each one as this is more of a summary and maybe if i do Skin Care Days I will go into each and every one in details but here are the five main skin types:

1. Normal Skin - Not to dry and not to oily.

2. Combination skin -A combination skin type can me dry or normal i some areas and oily in others such as the T-zone. (T-zone is the nose, the forehead and the chin)

3. Dry skin. - When exposed to drying factors, skin can crack, peel or become irritated. So when it is cold outside you may notice your skin cracking a lot or become more sensitive.

4. Oily skinOiliness can change depending upon the time of year or the weather. Oily skin can be caused or made worse by puberty, stress and humanity

5. Sensitive skin- Sensitive skin can show up as redness, itching and dryness. If you have sensitive skin try to find out what triggers it so you can avoid that factor. Like if a face cream with fragrance causes itchiness, go for fragrance-free creams.

These are the 5 basic skin types. I have Normal Skin but in the winter I become Normal-Dry Skin. So in the winter I use moisturizer for normal-Dry skin. 

Every person is different and everyone has different needs. It is a big plus if you have an idea about what kind of skin type you normally are. I have had normal skin, dry skin, combination skin and sensitive skin haha

You skin is always changing and it changes through out the years. When I was younger I used to get an oily t-zone and sometimes in the summer I still do. 
When you grow older your skin tends to become dryer and irritates more easily. 

Having the knowledge of what skin type you are helps you in finding your foundation and I will go into that tomorrow. 

Anyway this has been a long post and Foundation Days are my Sunday Obsession this week, I have bought two new foundations this week and all I have been doing is trying all my foundations out and taking photos and preparing posts for Foundation Days. 

Don't  forget to let me know what kind of skin type you are and what sort of foundation do you normally get?

Thanks for Reading
Byee
Margrét x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...