Wednesday, January 23, 2013

75% off Sale Haul and a Hair Product First Impression

Last week there was a 75% off all the Christmas gift sets in Boots. Naturally since I work there I picked few up and paid with my points. I started work at 11:30 and by the time I got there most of the stuff I wanted had already been bought by costumers that had been in line outside the store when it opened that morning. I did manage to get three of the things that I had wanted and today I tried one of the volumizing haircare set out.

So the first thing I bought was the Trevor Sorbie Beautiful Glamour Styling Collection, original price £18.00 but I bought it for £4.50. It contains three full size products, 6 rollers ad 4 hair clips.


Photos were taken with my phone, not the best quality, but you get the idea


It included items from the Beautiful Volume range. The Volumising mousse, The volume booster and the dry shampoo.

So I tried these Volumising products out today... First time using something like this, I normally straighten my hair or curl it but never 'boost' some volume in it. So since my hair has been a bit flat I thought it would make a great difference.

This is what it says on the instroction. 

Apply mousse with a comb to wet hair.


Blow dry hair with your head upside down and brush in different direction to naturally build volume.
When hair is dry, section it to apply rollers. Roll the hair onto the rollers.


Once rollers are applied give them a spritz of Volume Booster and gently heat with hairdryer.
Leave hair to fully cool before removing the rollers gently.


So that is what the instructions said...I tried it and first of all, 6 rollers are not enough for the whole head, maybe you are only supposed to use it on the top?
I also did not strengthen my hair but that is something I should have done (I was just staying at home all day, hint the no make up). So yes I liked the volume it gave, but I did find it quite long. The Volume Booster does not spritz out evenly so I don't know if I got a faulty bottle or not. It just spritz in one place and too much product at once.
Over all I like this set, I am excited to use the dry shampoo as I use a dry shampoo all the time.
I will definitely do this when I am doing updo's or just needing a bit of volume.


Here are the two other gift sets that I bought, both were original £10  but I bought them for £2.50 each.


Another Trevor Sorbie set. This is for straight hair and has Protection Shampoo and Conditioner, Head defence blow dry spray and protect, flatten and a shine spray. 


Very excited to try these products out


This is one of the set that I really wanted because of the Toni and Guy Sea Salt Texturising spray. It also came with small shampoo and conditioner. 



All these products were 75% off so I ended up paying £9.50 for the whole lot!

Did you manage to get anything good on the sales?


Thanks for reading

Margrét
X







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...