Monday, January 7, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Foundation Review


Revlon colorstay foundation is my favourite foundation and I love it!



Let me tell you why, the foundation has a natural medium coverage. When blended well into the skin it is amazing. The finish is not dewy but is still quite natural. 
The colour 150 Buff, is a perfect colour match for me. Before I bought this one I always had some sort of colour issue with my other 'drugstore' foundations, too light, too yellow or pink... but the colour range is good.Every time I help a customer find their shade with this foundation it's no problem.
The best way. I think, to apply the Revlon colorstay is with a damp sponge or with a buffing brush.

One of the reason why this foundation is so popular is that it comes in two ranges, one for normal/dry skin and one range for oily/combination skin type.
I use the one for normal/dry skin type.

The foundation has SPF 15 which is great for everyday foundation but maybe not for taking photos, as the SPF makes your face turn whiter in photographs. So if your planning on taking loads of photos with flash maybe try something like Revlon photoready foundation.

This foundation stays on for ages. It claims to stay on for 24 hours, first of all... who wants to wear foundation for 24 hours?
However, when I do my make-up in the morning and by late that night when I take of my makeup I am taking off my foundation. I feel like it lasts all day on me and I don't even have to fix my foundation the whole day.
If you decide to set the foundation with powder it will last even longer.

There are few downsides to the Revlon colorstay and one of them is that the foundation bottle does not have a pump, you have to pour out the foundation out of the bottle and I feel like that wastes the product and is just messy. Also the foundation needs to be shaken well before used.

Another thing is the price, you can get a great foundation at the drugstore for £8 but the Revlon colorstay foundation is £12.99 however there is sometimes offers like 3 for 2 or buy one get second half price. When that sort of offers are you can always get few products on a good offer.
However the foundation is definitely worth the money and I think it is amazing and I have already bought my second bottle because my first is completely finished! (on a offer of course)

So I used the foundation today, just one layer and applied with damp sponge.


So in the before photo all I have on is moisturizer,you can see the redness around my nose and how dark my undereye circles are.
With one sheer layer of foundation it has even out my skin. I still need to add on concealer underneath my eyes.
So here is my final look


I did add tiny concealer under my eyes but I used no setting powder.
When the foundation dries it does not smudge.




I hope you liked this review, it is the first of all my 12 favorite products of 2012.
You can follow this blog to get updates when I'll post the other products review in many ways :)

Don't forget to let me know if you have tried this foundation out and what did you think?

I'm also on Instagram as margretscorner

Thanks for reading :)

Margret
X





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...