Saturday, January 18, 2014

FOTD with first impressions on the Max Factor Facefinity Foundation and a little bit of MAC

Hi Everyone

This is going to be a long post... Today I was trying out a new foundation and I want to share with you my first impression, I was also using my two new MAC products for the first time today and I think they will be included in tomorrows post.  

I also really liked the makeup today, I thought it was very fresh and easy so I also have a FOTD included in today's post :)

I might be a little crazy, but I have few unopened foundations since I have a slight obsession with foundations and I like to try out new ones. But I was feeling a bit down today so I was going through my makeup and I figured for a little pick me up, why not try out a new foundation.
In the blogging world everyone talks about the Max Factor Facefinity 3 in 1 Foundation or the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation. If you didn't know already, these are the same foundation. Covergirl and Maxfactor are the same brand, with most of the same products.
Everyone raves about this foundation and I have had it sitting in my drawers for a long time still unopened. I thought this was the perfect day to try it out. 


Let's just start with the packaging, it is a glass bottle which I prefer and has a pump. I have the shade in Warm Almond 45, and so far it is a great color match. Before I bought it, months ago when I live in London, I did match myself and try it out a little bit while I was at work but never used it on my full face.
According to the Boots website they have 6 shades available and I have the second lightest. I remember the lightest one, Ivory was a bit too yellow for me. 


Let's ignore the just got out of the shower hair... :)
I have a bit of redness around my nose and my lovely dark circles to cover up. (the picture on the left)
I just pumped the foundation on to the back of my hand, took a brush and dotted it around my face (the picture in the middle) and then buffed it in. 
I already had a primer and I think that was not a great idea. This foundation is supposed to act like your primer, foundation and concealer. I felt that it looked a bit patchy on my nose, I do honestly think it was the primer I used before and that the foundation did not work well with it.
However I love the coverage that it gives, I mean it is soo natural but matte at the same time. I feel like it has somewhat of a satin finish and if I was in a hurry I would not have to use a concealer or a powder with this foundation. 


I love the color, I have such a pale face and the color matches my neck perfectly. 
You can see how it covers the redness on my nose and chin. I applied the smallest amount on my eyelids and my eyelids are so dark and the foundation just made them look normal. I think it is just so natural.

Overall the Max Factor Facefinity Stay Flawless Foundation 3 in 1 had fantastic first impression on me. I will continue to use it for a while and I will let you guys know if all of the sudden I don't like it. I really don't see that happening since I this is a great foundation and it is late in the evening when I am writing this and my foundation is still fairly flawless. I am so impressed. 

Then I went ahead and finished the rest of my makeup


The most exciting item I used was my new MAC products from the Magnetic Nude Collection, I picked up a eyeshadow called Sweet Heat and a blush called Autoerotique.
That eyeshadow is so beautiful, I have a tiny bit of neutral brown eyeshadow in my crease and then just the MAC eyeshadow in Sweet Heat all over my lid, I love this eyeshadow.. I wish I could marry it and we could have pretty eyeshadow babies..
Anyway I am also just wearing my e.l.f. liquid eyeliner and the Maybelline Falsies Mascara.
I have the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in nude in my waterline because I wanted to keep it very soft.


Here are all the products I used:


I did not really need concealer on the rest of my face but I did have to use the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach under my eyes.
To set everything and make it stay all day I used my MAC Mineralize skinfinish Natural in Light. I lightly applied it in my t-zone and to set my concealer.
For my eyelid primer I used Too faced shadow Insurance and then of course the prettiest eyeshadow, MAC Sweet Heat all over the lid. 
I am also in love with the blush MAC Autoerotique, it blends out so well and the color is just to die for. 

So here is my FOTD, after I finally dried and straightened my hair: 


So there you have it, have you tried out this foundation? 

Thanks for reading

Margrét
X



3 comments:

  1. Loved this post!
    Firstly THANKYOU for reminding me that Max Factor and Covergirl are the SAME! :O
    I had completly forgotten! and even though I've pretty much just started my looong spending ban I'm pretty impressed with how great the foundation looks on you, and I've heard soo much about it! Will have to start a wishlist for when I'm done with the ban ^_^
    Also the rest of your makeup is gorgeous! Love how pretty and girly it looks!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You really should try out this foundation it is so good!
      I need to start a spending ban but I am not sure how to do it! I have made four makeup orders just this month!
      X

      Delete
  2. (I didn't even know MaxFactor and Covergirl were the same)(Also, HOW DO PEOPLE COLLECT FOUNDATIONS. ALL FOUNDATIONS LOOK ALIKE TO ME ._.)
    Sweet Heat is such a pretty shade across the lid!! I saw that blush on your instagram, and have been meaning to ask you what shade that was, because the embossing is just so darn pretty. Might have to pick it up for myself :3

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...