Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Top 13 of 2013



Hi Everyone..

Yes I am late to the party but at least I showed up! I said to myself: You will post your 13 Favorites of 2013 or you will close down this blog!.. You might wonder why I am soo dramatic, this is a yearly stable post here on My Little Corner, so it is very important.
I have had this blog for few years now but only for the last few months I have been posting regularly, the only thing that has been a stable is my yearly favorite products..! 

So now it is time for my top 13 of 2013, these are the products I used the most and I love and recommend all of them. I only included make-up since I would never be able to pick my top skin/body/hair care right now. :)
There is no special order, all of them are my favorite :D

Number 1 -

 Bourjois Foundations, if it is the Healthy Mix or the Healthy Mix Serum, I love both of them. This is my second bottle of the Serum foundation but as you can see I am almost finished with the Healthy Mix Foundation.
These foundation have the most beautiful finish and are so amazing. Both of them blend so well into the skin and stay on all day. The Healthy Mix Foundation has a little bit more coverage than the healthy Mix Serum Foundation. But on an everyday basis I love wearing these two.
I have almost the whole range of Healthy Mix products, the concealer and powder and I really think these are one of the top products from the drugstore. 




Number 2 & 3 

Maybelline The Rocket Volume' Express Waterproof Mascara, I fell in love with this mascara, I got it in the waterproof version and my god it is difficult to remove but with the right eye makeup remover it is no problem. It held the curl all day and gave my lashes Volume and length, I thought it was so black and the brush is so chunky with small bristles that combs the lashes to make sure they doesn't clump.

Dior Diorshow Waterproof, My first ever high end mascara and I really love it. I used it until it dried out. The formula is a bit dry and waxy but I think that helps the curl to hold all day. (that is so important to me, with my straight boring lashes). The brush is very different from the Rocket mascara but it really did work for me. It was so easy to use and even though the brush is quite big it has a tapered end that gets those small lashes perfectly. 




Number 4 & 5 - 

So I think these are my top three most used lipsticks this year, I only count them as two (a little cheat, I know) but the L'oreal Pink Passion and Maybelline Shocking Coral are so similar, almost the same.

L'Oreal number 371 called Pink Passion, such a beautiful color, this is one of my all time favorite lipstick, I like the formula and the color payoff is incredible. This is called the Intense formula, after it wears off it leaves the most prettiest stain on my lips. 

It is a very bright, pink with a hint of coral. It brightens up your face when you wear it. 

Revlon Lip butter in Raspberry Pie, this is my go to fall/winter lipstick, I love love love the formula and the color is just amazing.
I would just describe this color as a Raspberry color haha, it is red but not the normal red (makes sense?), it has like a fuchsia tint to it. I just really love this lipstick!


Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick in Shocking Coral, This was the lipstick I wore the most in the summer, it is very similar to the L'Oreal Pink Passion but the Shocking Coral is a coral based shade with pink as well (where the L'Oreal one is a pink with coral).
The Color sensational lipsticks have a great formula and this is my favorite color from the Vivids collection. It just makes you look like you made ton of effort when you just put on a pretty lipstick. 




From left to right:
L'Oreal - Pink Passion (371)
Revlon - Raspberry Pie

Maybelline - Shocking Coral



Number 6 & 7 & 8

These are my favorite blushers this year.
Two of the are from MAC, the first one is called My Paradise and is from a collection couple of summers ago. I was keeping it safe and not using it for ages but seriously why? The shade is gorgeous and I used it so much this year, I try not to put my brush into the gold since it is super pretty and I don't want to completely ruin it. But it has a proper dent on the other side. It is a proper peach/coral shade and just perfect for summer.

The next MAC blush is called Peachykeen, this is very similar to Nars Orgasm but without the chunks of glitter. I have been using this shade alot in the fall and winter, It just gives a beautiful glow and looks great with any lipstick. The formula is nice and it stays on all day. 


Benefit Coralista, I bought this blush this summer and since then it has been my go to blush. I think this is the perfect coral blush. I would recommend it to anyone! A bit weird but I love the way it smells and the brush that comes with it, is great. 



Number 9 &10 -

I used so many eye shadows this year but my standout are these two palettes, Mainly because both palettes are high quality and have such a great payoff. 

The first one is the Wet N' Wild trio in Walking on Eggshells. I love it! the lightest shade is perfect for inner corner highlight and the middle shade is perfect all over the lid. These shadows are so creamy and I am definetly going to try to get more of these eye shadows.

Soap and Glory Lid Stuff in Whats Nude. Talk about a drugstore eyeshadow quad! This palette has three matte shades and one shimmer one. If you need a blending color or a creamy matte highlight this is for you. It is such a basic eyeshadow quad and I love using it.



Number 11 & 12 & 13 -

Maybelline Master Shape Brow in Dark Blonde. I re-purchased this pencil again this year since I can't be without it, I love it, I go trough it quickly since it is very waxy. My eyebrows are quite long so since this pencil is waxy it keeps them in place. The color Dark Blonde is a great match to my shade. I love the fact that it has a spooly to comb through the eyebrow and to blend the pencil in. 

Urban Decay Primer Potion, I got this same tube last year for Christmas (2012) and almost every single time I used eyeshadow which is on everyday basis I used this and I still have loads left. I have been using this product for years now and I will always re-purchase it. Now I am actually trying out other eyelid primers and I will try to let you guys know what I think of them, but the primer potion is just such a stable and does the job perfectly!
The Primer Potion has been in all of my yearly favorites! That says alot :)


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. This is a surprise favorite, I didn't realise how much I used it this year. I think this concealer is creamy and pigmented. I love using it under my eyes and around my nose. It just covers everything and stays in place. 



So that is it! My Top 13 products of 2013! 
I was thinking about doing like a step by step with these products so let me know in the comments if you would like to see them on my face :D

Click here to see My Top 11 of 2011
Click here to see My Top 12 of 2012

Thank you so much for last year! I really appreciate every single reader and I can't wait to blog regularly through 2014 (that would be a first lol)

Hugs to all of you and Thank you for reading :D

Margrét X

Facebook / Twitter Tumblr Bloglovin 


3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I absolutely love the Rocket. One of the few waterproof mascaras that doesn't smudge on me!
    Funny story, one day I went to the drugstore intending to buy 'Raspberry Pie', but somehow ended up accidentally taking 'Berry Smoothie' home. I will definitely pick up 'Raspberry Pie' in time for fall 2014!
    COME TO CANADA, WE HAVE WET N WILD ;))

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wanted to get that maybelline rocket mascara cause of vanessa review on it. too bad its difficult to remove too, ive had maybelline falsies and i hate using them for that same reason :D

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love all these products, the revlon lip butters and fit me concealer especially.
    I really need to try the Bourjois foundation.

    Amelia Rose | Beauty Blogger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...